Job Title: Business Analyst
Reports To: Jaci Christensen
Prepared By/Date: Jaci Christensen 06/11/2020
About Modern Impact:
Here at MI, we pride ourselves on being different. We’re not another agency or media house. We’re a growing team of fun, omni-channel marketing specialists who leverage our cool proprietary technology and professional talents to make our client’s brands irresistible. Perhaps best of all, we’ve got a great group of people on board and have been named a Best Place to Work by Minneapolis/St Paul Business Journal.
As a Business Analyst at Modern Impact, you will be part of the growing Media team. In this role you’ll be responsible for helping grow marketing initiatives by adding excellent data handling skills and insights with an analytical mindset to passionately identify opportunities and optimize campaigns. On a daily basis, you’ll work closely with the media team to share insights and opportunities to improve performance of client campaigns, develop and measure test and learn efforts and support performance and sales reporting including pricing and discount recommendations. In addition, this role will lead attribution projects and support integration projects that require data flows.
This position is GREAT for you if:
- Have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- You have 3+ years experience as a business/media analyst
- You have 3+ years experience in segmented, omni-channel marketing
- Expert user of Google Analytics, Excel, Tableau and love charts and graphs and developing data stories
- Aim to acquire flawless attribution
- Demonstrated cohesive end-to-end thinking in defining, creating and executing campaign and creative testing.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret in-depth analyses, uncover actionable insight and effectively communicate to the broader organization.
- The ability to interact with senior level management combined with strong communication and presentation skills.
- You are an excellent multi-tasker, extremely detail oriented and able to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment characterized by growth and change.
- Want to grow your career in a great, forward-thinking company that rewards success
- Want great benefits
- You are great at working autonomously and are self-motivated
- You want to be part of a nimble, growing team of other subject-matter experts all working toward the same goals
- Love to dress casually but enjoy video calls
- Love working with a bunch of smart, geeky-but-cool people who are growing a great business
- Hate to be bored!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Media Campaign Reporting and Insights across digital & traditional media and automation
- Ad-hoc Reporting
- Sales & discount reporting and analysis
- Geo-performance reporting and analysis
- Finalize test and learn programs aligned to KPI measurement and statistical significance
- Proactively seek, identify and evaluate innovative opportunities for campaign growth and improvement.
- Perform analyses such as industry and competitive reviews, consumer needs assessments, gap analyses, unique selling proposition development, market sizing, and business cases.
- Contribute to consumer insight strategies regarding product development, website functionality, any device conversion levers and all other areas critical to the success of program management.
- Collaborate actively with marketing, product, designers and development to drive growth and optimization.
- Prepare reports that analyze historical marketing data to identify trends for future campaigns.
- Takes the initiative in suggesting and developing improvements to marketing strategies and procedures.
- Lead attribution projects and support integrations requiring data flows
In addition, you’ll need these skills to be effective in the role of Business Analyst:
- Quantitative analytical skills and aptitude
- Excel and Tableau expertise
- Strong software use skills including in-depth knowledge of other Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), and aptitude to quickly learn new tools (or Google equivalent)
- Experience with Business Intelligence and Data Visualization platforms a plus
- Familiarity with conversion tracking methodologies
- Expert knowledge of web analytics tools (Google Analytics, Adobe)
- Understanding of ad serving and automation tools and measurement platforms
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple assignments with effective resolution of conflicting priorities
- Exceptional problem-resolution skills including the ability to think creatively in the development of ideas/solutions that will contribute value in a dynamic, client-centered environment
All of these things require some core competencies on your part, in addition to helping lead and educate others on your team to do the same:
- Collects and researches data
- Uses intuition and experience to complement data
- Translates concepts and information into images
- Uses feedback to modify designs
- Demonstrates attention to detail
Problem Solving + Math
- Works well in group problem solving situations
- Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Perform and apply fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Perform math functions like probability and statistical inference
- Responds promptly to customer needs
- Solicits customer feedback to improve service
- Responds to requests for service and assistance
- Meets commitments
- Demonstrates group presentation skills; numbers, analytics and conclusions in a way clients and team members can understand
- Participates in meetings
- Advanced Knowledge of Excel, Google Sheets spreadsheet software and Tableau
- Google Analytics experience
- Adds value to the team working both independently and in teams
- Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position
- Writes clearly and informatively
- Varies writing style to meet needs
- Presents numerical data effectively
- Able to read and interpret written information (reports, periodicals, journals, etc.)
- Understands business implications of decisions
- Displays orientation to profitability
- Works within approved budget
- Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals
- Analyzes market and competition
- Identifies external threats and opportunities
- Adapts strategy to changing conditions
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention
- Supports and explains reasoning for decisions
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making process
- Makes timely decisions
- Prioritizes and plans work activities
- Sets goals and objectives
- Develops realistic action plans
Modern Impact does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.