Job Title: Enterprise Paid Social Media Manager
Reports To: Jaci Christensen
Prepared By/Date: Jaci Christensen 05/11/2020
About Modern Impact:
Here at MI, we pride ourselves on being different. We’re not another agency or media house. We’re a growing team of fun, omni-channel marketing specialists who leverage our cool proprietary technology and professional talents to make our client’s brands irresistible. Perhaps best of all, we’ve got a great group of people on board and have been named a Best Place to Work by Twin Cities Business & Mpls/St Paul Magazine.
In this important role, the Paid Social Media Manager is responsible for generating and executing all marketing funnel social media strategies for accounts of all sizes, including enterprise-level accounts, as well as be client-facing as the agency social media SME (subject matter expert).This role participates in all aspects of executing high profile and complex paid social media campaigns on networks like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Reddit, etc., via an RTB platform. Overall, this includes strategizing, planning, implementation, monitoring, optimization, analysis and reporting. As the SME for clients, you’ll provide sound strategic recommendations, analysis and reporting as well as support ad-hoc requests following duties personally or in cooperation with other team members.
This position is GREAT for you if:
- Have an BA from a four-year college or university
- Have 3+ years working experience planning, buying, optimizing and reporting for enterprise-level social media accounts
- Want to grow your career in a great, forward-thinking company that rewards success
- Want great health benefits and a 401K with company match
- You are great at working autonomously (perhaps remotely) and are self-motivated
- You want to be part of a nimble, growing team of other subject-matter experts all working toward the same goals
- You have a working knowledge of ad-serving tools and measurement platforms
- You are an expert in earned and owned social media
- Love to dress casually but enjoy video calls
- Love working with a bunch of smart, geeky-but-cool people who are growing a great business
- Hate to be bored!
What you’ll do here as our Social Media Expert includes the following…plus, other duties may be assigned as you grow with our company.
- Actively manage paid social campaigns to the clients’ KPIs – which vary across campaign types and goals.
- Analyze performance data and provide intelligent synthesis, interpretation and appropriate action plans based on conclusions.
- Communicate with clients on all elements of the campaign, including planning, testing performance, and project status and client goals.
- Develop and manage execution of campaign plans.
- Maintain high levels of up-to-date knowledge of best practices and strategies in social media and paid social media (betas, ad network updates, innovation opportunities, etc.).
- Maintain knowledge of the dynamic digital ecosystem (search, social, native, display) and how channels work together.
- Assist in development of media strategy and building paid social media plans (including audience targeting and segmentation, messaging, flighting, budgeting, etc.).
- Thoroughly understand client’s business, goals and KPIs.
- Develop, grow, and maintain relationships through exceptional client service.
- Provide creative guidance to clients and internal teams based on goals and media flighting – help clients tell their stories. In this client-facing role, plan to suggest strategies and communicate performance and optimization efforts clients can understand.
- Contribute to client education and develop POVs; evangelize the value of paid social media and the best practices.
- Build effective relationships with all vendors – ad networks, technology partners, etc.
- Support and assist in developing team members to optimize their performance, contribution and job satisfaction.
- Communication to team and management on project development, timelines, and results.
- Collaborate with internal teams to create landing pages and optimize user experience.
- Support the media team with other marketing and media-related projects.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Collects and researches data
- Uses intuition and experience to complement data
- Translates concepts and information into images
- Uses feedback to modify designs
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Works well in group problem solving situations
- Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Responds promptly to customer needs
- Solicits customer feedback to improve service
- Responds to requests for service and assistance
- Meets commitments
- Demonstrates group presentation skills
- Participates in meetings
- Knowledge of Excel and/or Google Sheets spreadsheet software
- Utilization of a real-time bidding (RTB) platform for enterprise application
- Facebook Business Manager, LinkedIn, Twitter, Snapchat, Reddit, Pinterest
- Adds value to the team working both independently and in teams
- Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position
- Writes clearly and informatively
- Varies writing style to meet needs
- Presents numerical data effectively
- Able to read and interpret written information (reports, periodicals, journals, etc.)
- Understands business implications of decisions
- Displays orientation to profitability
- Works within approved budget
- Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals
- Analyzes market and competition
- Identifies external threats and opportunities
- Adapts strategy to changing conditions
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention
- Supports and explains reasoning for decisions
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making process
- Makes timely decisions
- Prioritizes and plans work activities
- Sets goals and objectives
- Develops realistic action plans
- Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
Modern Impact does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.