Job Title: Graphic Designer
About Modern Impact:
Here at MI, we pride ourselves on being different. We’re not another agency or media house. We’re a growing team of fun, omni-channel marketing specialists who leverage our cool proprietary technology and professional talents to make our client’s brands irresistible. Perhaps best of all, we’ve got a great group of people on board and have been named a Best Place to Work by Minneapolis/St Paul Business Journal.
Modern Impact is seeking a rockstar designer to join our growing team. We’re looking for someone to help set the tone for our creative campaigns by creating stunning design for both print and digital media. Things move quickly here, and the ideal candidate must be able to think fast, juggle multiple priorities at a time and adapt their design style to meet a client’s needs and objectives.
Your visuals should capture the attention of those who see them and communicate the right message. For this, you need to have a creative flair and a strong ability to translate requirements into design. If you can communicate well and work methodically as part of a team, we’d like to meet you.
This position is GREAT for you if:
- 2-3 years agency or in-house marketing experience
- Four-year degree in graphic design, graphic arts or communication arts
- Experience building files for both print and digital mediums
- Working knowledge of Responsive Web Design, WordPress, HTML and CSS are a major plus
- Love to dress casually but enjoy video calls
- Love working with a bunch of smart, geeky-but-cool people who are growing a great business
- Hate to be bored!
What you’ll do here as our Graphic Designer includes the following…plus, other duties may be assigned as you grow with our company.
- Collaborate with all departments (media strategists, content writers, project managers and developers) to create world-class customer experiences for our clients.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and respond to urgent requests on a wide range of project types, budgets and timelines.
- A fun and flexible team player who is able to take direction, offer a point of view, and collaborate with a variety of people.
- Communicate proficiently with clients when presenting design concepts, describing design decisions and collecting feedback.
- Experience in Developing Successful “Omni-Channel” Campaigns (Email, Display Ads & Print).
- Work with external printers to ensure deadlines are met and materials are printed to the highest quality.
- Create and work from UX deliverables including sitemaps, wireframes and design briefs to create innovative digital solutions; collaborate with developers throughout the development cycle.
- Assist with agency marketing initiatives, including new business presentations, blog and social media content.
- Possess a killer portfolio that demonstrates expert knowledge of design principles, typography, web design best practices, and does so across an array of industries and design styles.
All of these things require some core competencies on your part, in addition to helping lead and educate others on your team to do the same:
- Responds promptly to customer needs
- Solicits customer feedback to improve service
- Demonstrates group presentation skills; provides conclusions in a way clients and team members can understand
- Participates in meetings
- Adds value to the team working both independently and in teams
- Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position
- Writes clearly and informatively
- Varies writing style to meet needs
- Able to read and interpret written information (reports, periodicals, journals, etc.)
- Understands business implications of decisions
- Displays orientation to profitability
- Works within approved budget
- Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals
- Analyzes market and competition
- Identifies external threats and opportunities
- Adapts strategy to changing conditions
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention
- Supports and explains reasoning for decisions
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making process
- Makes timely decisions
- Prioritizes and plans work activities
- Sets goals and objectives
- Develops realistic action/workback plans
Modern Impact does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected ch