Job Title: Media Director
Reports To: Jaci Christensen
Prepared By/Date: Jaci Christensen 05/11/2020
About Modern Impact:
Here at MI, we pride ourselves on being different. We’re not another agency or media house. We’re a growing team of fun, omni-channel marketing specialists who leverage our cool proprietary technology and professional talents to make our client’s brands irresistible. Perhaps best of all, we’ve got a great group of people on board and have been named a Best Place to Work by Minneapolis/St Paul Business Journal.
We are looking for an experienced Media Director who will be responsible for leading and overseeing our media team in strategy, planning, tactical execution, implementation, optimization and performance analysis. This position will offer great challenges and opportunities to advance your skills and career. If you can manage multiple priorities within a fast-paced environment to deliver on time, on budget – and help us continue to create a positive working environment which fosters a team approach, we have the perfect job for you!
This position is GREAT for you if:
- Have an BA from a four-year college or university
- Have 3+ years working experience managing enterprise-level PPC accounts + a sound understanding of SEO to recommend SEM strategies
- Want to grow your career in a great, forward-thinking company that rewards success
- Want great benefits
- You are great at working autonomously (perhaps remotely) and are self-motivated
- You want to be part of a nimble, growing team of other subject-matter experts all working toward the same goals
- You have a working knowledge of ad-serving tools and measurement platforms
- You are an expert in PPC, along with PLAs and the GDN
- Love to dress casually but enjoy video calls
- Love working with a bunch of smart, geeky-but-cool people who are growing a great business
- Hate to be bored!
What you’ll do here as our PPC Expert includes the following…plus, other duties may be assigned as you grow with our company.
- Execute and manage digital paid media plans for PPC and display on a real-time bidding platform.
- Manage, review, and perform daily account responsibilities associated with Google Ads, Yahoo, Bing and other search platforms for a variety of clients.
- Maintain and monitor keyword bids, account daily and monthly budget caps, impression share, quality score and other important account metrics, as well as audience lists.
- Manage the creation of large keyword lists, and tie back to overall SEM strategy consistently.
- Provide creative copy suggestions and/or write ad and extension copy.
- Manage Display network placement lists on Google Ads and through other display & contextual advertising platforms.
- Provide recommendations and execute strategies for keyword opportunities, campaign structuring, targeting, display network, and other facets of paid search in accordance with client goals.
- Provide oversight and manage new paid search campaigns, ad groups, and accounts and aid in the creation of paid search marketing initiatives.
- Provide oversight, manage, and be able to generate weekly and monthly client reporting for all major metrics, goals tracking, revenue tracking, and other paid search initiatives. In this client-facing role, plan to suggest strategies and communicate performance and optimization efforts clients can understand.
- Keep pace with search engine and PPC industry trends and developments.
- Monitor and administer web analytics dashboards, reports and key reporting tools, and point out key areas of importance in accordance client goals.
- Monitor and evaluate search results and search performance across the major search channels.
- Communication to team and management on project development, timelines, and results.
- Provide oversight and work closely with the other team members to meet client goals.
- Help plan, execute, and measure experiments and conversion tests.
- Collaborate with internal teams to create landing pages and optimize user experience.
- Support the media team with other marketing and media-related projects.
All of these things require some core competencies, like:
- Collects and researches data
- Uses intuition and experience to complement data
- Translates concepts and information into images
- Uses feedback to modify designs
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Works well in group problem solving situations
- Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Perform and apply fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Perform math functions like probability and statistical inference
- Responds promptly to customer needs
- Solicits customer feedback to improve service
- Responds to requests for service and assistance
- Meets commitments
- Demonstrates group presentation skills
- Participates in meetings
- Knowledge of Excel and/or Google Sheets spreadsheet software
- Utilization of a real-time bidding (RTB) platform for enterprise application
- Google Analytics, Google Ads, and Bing certifications preferred, but not required with related experience
- Adds value to the team working both independently and in teams
- Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position
- Writes clearly and informatively
- Varies writing style to meet needs
- Presents numerical data effectively
- Able to read and interpret written information (reports, periodicals, journals, etc.)
- Understands business implications of decisions
- Displays orientation to profitability
- Works within approved budget
- Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals
- Analyzes market and competition
- Identifies external threats and opportunities
- Adapts strategy to changing conditions
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention
- Supports and explains reasoning for decisions
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making process
- Makes timely decisions
- Prioritizes and plans work activities
- Sets goals and objectives
- Develops realistic action plans
Modern Impact does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.